Christmas Tour of Homes
We have done this for two years now! We have raised over $1,800. Thank you to all of the home owners who have opened your homes and to all of the people who came out to support the event. It's always a great way to start the Christmas season and see all the gorgeous decor!
This was a huge success. We raised over $2,200! Thank you for all who came out to support us! It was a lot of fun!
Building Fund 2012-2014
We raised funds for our new building...Thank you for all of your help and support. Please don't forget that every penny counts. We still need $50,000 to be debt free!
Building Demolished!--July 27, 2012
Building Fund Matching Grant
We reached our goal for the matching grant of $25,000!!! Thank you so much for your support!
Gospel Singing Fundraiser
On September 22, 2012 at Mt. Olive Baptist Church - King, NC Master's Heart with special guests Team Jesus and Jim and Kathy Atkins sang with fellowship in the community to raise money for the Building Fund. Over $600.00 was raised.
Boston Butt Fundraiser
The East Stokes Outreach Ministry is held a fundraiser that went directly to the Building Fund. There were 80 tickets for precooked Boston Butt (pork shoulder) at $40.00 a ticket. It was cooked by Charles Montgomery. Pick up was on Saturday August 18th in the Thrift Store parking lot from 10:00am-1:00pm. There was also baked goods for sale too. Tickets were available at the Thrift Store or Food Pantry. All funds will be matched by the Reynolds American Grant.
TOTAL MONEY MADE: $3,800.00
TOTAL MONEY MADE: $3,800.00
- Made by Gina Pace at Thread Bear Quilt Shop, Walnut Cove, NC
- Tickets are $2.00 each
- Available to purchase them at the ESOM offices or thrift store
- All proceeds go to the Building Fund
- Drawing Date: July 10, 2012
- Time: 1:00 pm
- Winner: Louise Coley
Walnut Cove Parade 2010
East Stokes Outreach Ministry won 2nd place!!
On April 30, 2012 38,000 pounds of food was given to families who had received a special invitation through East Stokes Outreach Ministry or King Outreach Ministry. It was held at West Stokes High School and 500 people received food that day.
Dinner, Silent Auction, and Gospel Singing
- Date: May 19, 2012
- Where: First Baptist of Walnut Cove
- This was a fund raiser that was led by the Board Members of East Stokes Outreach Ministry and Donna Craig to raise money for the building project. There was salad, chicken, pork, green beans, potatoes, and cake to eat at the dinner, which was cooked by Charles Montgomery and served by Ameri Corp. Approximately 10 churches in the area donated the desserts, green beans, potatoes, and their time to help. There was also a silent auction that was held. The items in the auction were donated by members of the community, donors, and the thrift store of the Outreach Ministry. While people were enjoying themselves at the auction Sheppard's Voice, a gospel group, entertained everyone. Overall the night was a success and there was a great amount of money donated to the building fund.